26 March 2008

You're foul in clear conditions, but you're handsome in the fog

It's beyond the halfway point of my semester here in Seville. I fly to Paris tomorrow to see my best friend!

I really have been quite bad writing in here. If the internet situation was better and I wasn't downloading various albums (The Best of The Cardigans, anyone?) or TV shows (Damn you, Gossip Girl and America's Next Top Model!) when I had the good connection, I'd have more substance in this blog!

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder what to do with myself once I get back to the states. Another semester abroad seems to on the cards, or at least I really want one! I'm looking at going to Lund, Sweden or Paris, France.

A few of us were talking earlier about what we wanted to do with our lives. Realistically, I want to be a diplomat and assist in world development. I have knowledge of four languages (In order or grasp/fluency: English, Tagalog, French and Spanish) and definitely want to learn more (Swedish, Portuguese, Italian maybe?)

But if I could have any career, no questions asked? I'd have Anthony Bourdain's job. Or be a supermodel.

Anthony Bourdain's a travel writer/chef who hosts my favourite television show back home in the states, No Reservations. He travels the world, writes and eats. Dream job, huh?

Anyway, it's 1:17 AM and my suitcase to Paris is only half-packed. Better get back to work. Will write about Holy Week and post Paris pictures next time. I'll be in Paris this time tomorrow!

Also, the 28th is my dad's birthday. He'll be 55. This is the third time I'm missing his birthday, second consecutive year (last year I was in New York, going to the United Nations that day. No, no, I'm not important yet, I'm a dork who went there on their own.) and the second time in Paris (last time was 2004).

Happy early birthday Dad!

No comments: