03 March 2008

Excuse me for a moment, but I have to barf.


Nerja - 29 February 2008

This past weekend was a four day weekend due to Andalucia Day, and apparently, nobody likes going to work after having Thursday off.

We (Megan, Kylie, Catherine, Kari, Ebony and myself) went to Malaga for a few hours to see the Picasso museum and Nerja on the Costa del Sol. Hmm. I must say that I was quite disappointed with the beaches. Though I'm from Hawaii so I'm used to amazing beaches. Probably an unfair assessment, haha. Plus, the abundance of old British pensioners didn't help in the least! Too many people wearing speedos who most definitely should NOT be wearing them. Gross gross gross.

When we left Sevilla, Megan was a little ill and progressively got worse as the day went on. The poor girl wound up having to go to the hospital yesterday afternoon with gastroenteritis and a viral thing that made her so weak. I think it was a fluish thing, but I took care of her from Friday night to Saturday because our travel companions decided to get drunk every chance they get and ditch us, basically.

Of course, other stuff happened, regular girl drama and I wound up making several tear-filled phone calls to sisters and Soraya. Basically, Megan was the only person I was talking to all weekend and when she went to the hospital, our group was divided in two: me and everybody else. To make matters worse, I might be coming down with what Megan has right now.

I'm starting to re-evaluate my reasons for coming here. It seems that everyone in my program wants to get drunk and party. Yeah, that's fun to do sometimes, but it's so immature. I didn't come here for that and that's a huge difference. I came here to find myself, grow and to study (eternal dork coming out here).

I'm beginning to think I might have made a mistake in coming here.

Next up: Spanish politics! Are you ready? :)

No comments: