14 November 2007

I'm loving angels instead

I'm in San Francisco with an appointment to get my Spanish visa tomorrow. I got in this morning at about 9 AM. I was supposed to get in at 6 AM but an hour outside of Honolulu, someone had a heart attack and we had to turn around so they could get medical attention.

I'm an experienced flyer and I've never had to deal with anything like that. It just scared me a bit, especially with the death anniversary of a friend coming up next week.

It just made me realize why I want to go to Spain so badly, thinking about that friend. He used to live life to the fullest, worked as a nanny in Switzerland, and encouraged me to follow my dreams, as he did the same. He was so scared of being a nanny, but he did it well.

This is my dream, to live in a place where I love it so much. Where I don't know the language well enough to survive. I'm scared too, but who knows how I'll fare.

Anyway, these are just thoughts since I've run out of my room service chicken and ginger ale. (It was good just ridiculously overpriced!) Anyway, off to shower since I smell like Northwest Airlines.

No comments: