21 January 2008

I Declaration Emergency!

I've been in Spain since Monday, first with MJ and her family for two days and now I'm in Sevilla with my host family.

The two days I was in Madrid was so awesome. MJ and I went out Monday night, just wandering around and taking pictures. The second day, she had classes and I didn't mind just staying at her house and relaxing before heading down to Sevilla. Her mom is such a great cook and it was wonderful to have home-cooked meals after traveling for so long. I never had salad with fried bread-crutons before but yum yum yum. Mmm.

Okay, I obviously need to learn Spanish quickly because I couldn't talk to MJ's mom in Spanish (her mom doesn't speak much english and I wasn't going to ask her to speak english to me. That's rude!). So in an effort, Tuesday at lunch, I tried to speak some Spanish and... desperately asked her mom if she could speak French.

I took the train down to Sevilla on Wednesday. MJ's mom packed me a sandwich which was delish and MJ and I worked our way to the train station.

I felt like Xavier in L'Auberge Espagnole carrying all my stuff. Got a cab and went straight to homestay.

Anyway, update later but here's some pics from Madrid last week!


My friend Maria in Plaza Mayor


Me in Plaza Mayor


Km. 0. The center of Spain!


Me and the symbol of Madrid


The post office.


La catedral de la Almudena


Maria!


Sevilla Santa Justa from the train.

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

You're a great photographer! I look forward to more pictures from your time in Spain :)

Resa said...

Thanks, PG! I haven't taken many pictures here in Sevilla yet, as I've just been going to school mainly, but once we start going places, I'll deffo post more!